Friday, April 30, 2021

Celestial Seasonings Probiotic English Breakfast Tea

After taking a round of antibiotics for an ear infection, I've been looking to add more probiotics to my diet, going for yogurt, sauerkraut (which I love!), and other foods. I know very little about probiotics except that they're good for us and are useful after taking antibiotics. So when I saw this Probiotic Tea at the grocery store, I knew I wanted to try it.

The packaging caught my eye, and then the bold words "Probiotic Tea" sealed the deal. I find it interesting that "English Breakfast" is in much smaller letters, which tells me that the "probiotic" factor is a bigger selling point. And hey, it worked for me!

The tea tastes like pretty much any brisk black tea (which is to say, fine but not the variety I would normally reach for first). What I am most intrigued by is the fact that this tea is being made with probiotics, and I hope that I'm sipping something that's extra good for me. Have any of you tried this (or another) probiotic tea, and if so, what did you think? Could you tell that it made any difference?



 

5 comments:

  1. Interesting - I have not seen this before, but I hope it is helpful, and I hope your ear infection is cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried that Celestial Seasons tea, but I do like Bigelow's "Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea plus Probiotics." It also says "Supports healthy digestion" on the box. I drink it because I like the taste, and since it's caffeine-free, I can drink it in the evening. The probiotic part is just an extra bonus for me--I don't buy it BECAUSE of the probiotics. It has the exact same probiotic as your Celestial Seasons tea, plus lemongrass, lemon peel, cinnamon, natural ginger and lemon flavors, lemon verbena, rose hips, ginger and licorice root. The taste is quite mild and pleasant. Since I don't have digestive problems to begin with, I can't tell that it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look for this one, too, then. Thanks for letting me know about it, Vernona!

      Delete
  3. The taste is quite mild and pleasant. Since I don't have digestive problems to begin with, I can't tell that it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating! I have never seen tea with probiotics. I do take regular capsules with probiotics. Definitely important to get enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!