Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A bit of serendipi-tea


Do you ever have those days when all your devices need to go on a diet? This week alone, my laptop, desktop computer, and iPhone are all telling me that they've gotten too fat with photos and need to slim down, so I've had to spend a little time going through photo files, and I came across something on my iPhone that I meant to share last month. I was sewing at the dining room table one day, and the scene looked like this.


I was about to pick up this teacup-shaped needle book when the strangest thing happened. I saw that tea bag tag and thought, "Wait a minute! I didn't sew a tag onto the handle of the teacup, so how'd it get there?"


And then I realized I was looking at the fabric on the table runner, and I had to laugh at myself as I reached for a needle! This beautiful table runner, a gift from reader Nancy C. in Iowa in 2017, is a piece I treasure, and I use it every spring, but the way the teacup and tea bag happened to align threw me for a loop! (And it doesn't take much.) Have you ever had a bit of serendipi-tea like that?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I have, but your table runner and needle book are both lovely, and they combined in a beau-tea-ful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute bit of serendepity! I HAVE expereinced moments like that, too. I think a person needs to be OPEN to seeing things like, and then you will notice them. One of my favorite quotes is by the artist Henri Matisse: "There are always flowers for those who want to see them."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s always nice when something unexpected brings a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you're still enjoying your table runner.I have another "goodie" for you that just might show up in your mail box one of these days... Heeeeee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!