Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A red and green teacup and … green tea!

It’s always fun to see who will send the first Christmas card to our home each year, and this year, I was delighted that it was a tea company! The cute card from Japanese Greentea Co. featured the Peanuts gang, perennial favorites, and inside was…


A sample of loose tea!


This was their Issaku premium green tea, and I couldn’t wait to try it. I haven’t tried any new green tea in a while, and I figured it would be a nice change from the mint- and spice-flavored teas I’ve been indulging in. This tea had that wonderfully rich “brothy” taste, with almost a buttery finish, and as a longtime fan of good green tea, I enjoyed it very much.


Since it was the first day of December yesterday, I used my red and green Princess Anne Bone China “Noel” teacup from England. I found this for just $4.50 at an antique mall in Wisconsin years ago.


And as if a tea card and sample weren’t gifts enough, I was delighted to learn that Japanese Greentea Co. included Tea With Friends on a list of blogs for those who love Japanese tea. How lovely! If you’d like to learn more about the offerings from Japanese Greentea Co., click here.

6 comments:

  1. Green tea is so appropriate for the first day of December! Especially in your pretty teacup. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacup is certainly cheerful! Although I'm not a fan of green tea (it makes me think of grass clippings), this one makes a really pretty-colored tea. That's very nice that the Japanese Greentea Co. put this blog on their list of Japanese-tea-lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now hold on a minute. Seriously, girlfriend, you get Christmas cards from tea companies?
    How awesome is that!???

    Congrats being mentioned on their blog list - it is only fitting. Your recommendations is something so many of us read and appreciate. Except this ridiculous mint tea stuff, haha. (Giggling in an evil-yes-I-am-drinking-a-pot-of-strong-coffee-today-non-tea-style!)

    Hugs.

    ps Have you ever done a post showing all your different Christmas teacups together? How many do you own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is beautiful! It would make a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green tea looks so pretty in that cup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!