Friday, November 27, 2020

'Tis the teacup season …

 

It's time to begin using my Christmas teacups, and the first one I'll be using this season is a new one I recently found at T. J. Maxx. It's slightly larger than the typical bone china teacups I favor, and that's perfect for all the Christmas tea I plan on sipping this year!

I think one reason I like this set so much is its soft color palette. While I like bright colors in all of that vintage and retro Christmas decor I collect, when it comes to tea wares, I like a more subdued color palette, and this one is perfect with its soft reds and mint greens.

And of course, the price was right.

Naturally, this tea is peppermint, a flavor I will all but wear out in December. (Note to self: Don't forget to get a Peppermint Chip Milkshake at Chick-fil-A soon. I forgot last year until it was too late!) Are you pulling out your Christmas teacups yet? Putting up your tree? I'm just *relaxing* this weekend. I've worked hard, cooked hard, and now I plan to simply lollygag over the next few days. What about you, friends?

9 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty teacup! The little golden stars are a nice touch.
    I'm not quite ready to do any Christmas decorating yet, but to get me in the spirit I WILL be reading your "Vintage Christmas Cookbook"! Thank you so much for sending it out to me so quickly after I ordered it. It was such fun to read through and look at all the beautiful photos! This weekend I can go back and read it again in a more leisurely fashion. I also ordered a copy from Amazon (a gift for for my sister) so that I could review it on Amazon.com. I've submitted the review, which will show up later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found the book a fun read, Vernona! And by the way, I looked online this morning (as I do almost every morning), and your review is already up! I laughed at your mention of "some you'd rather forget" recipes (no offense taken, definitely), and I so appreciate your kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. The teacup is lovely. We are putting away the Thanksgiving decorations. We will be putting out the Christmas dishes,mugs and cups. We hope to start decorating son. enjoy your peppermint tea.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn
    MarilynDKC[at]aol[com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your peppermint tea. Pretty cup. Yummy chic fil a shake too! Relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty teacup. I recently bought Twingings peppermint vanilla herbal tea. It is one of their Christmas teas. It’s very good. Give it a try if you see it at your grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I have not heard of that one, but it sounds right up my alley, so I'll be on the lookout. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oh she is a beauty, Angela! She looks vintage - love that, the look without the value so may be used worry-free on a daily basis. Winner!

    I need to make a mental note to remind myself you love Peppermint tea - I get as gifts occassionally and I just bleh - will need to send to you next time I do so. Of course, not entertaining means no hostess gifts, so may be a while.

    Nearly done with Christmas decor. Hubs got the outside lights up today, needed some new ones - boo. Waiting on a couple of things to be delivered on Monday before I am completely finished.

    Hope you are enjoying your lollygagging about. You earned. it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful cup. I did pull out one of my teacups and need to pull out another now. My simple white ones have been added to the decorations. Then there might just be a teacup or pot on my Christmas tree too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!