Monday, November 9, 2020

The Adagio Teas Advent Calendar


Adagio Teas asked whether I'd be interested in reviewing their tea-filled Advent Calendar, and being no dummy, I immediately said yes. I've seen tea-themed advent calendars for a few years now, but this is the first one I've seen that I consider a good value at just $29, and I love that the 24 tea samples are available in both loose tea and tea bag form. (Not sure whether they knew that I would prefer the loose tea version, but yay, because that's what I got!)


After all the challenges that 2020 has delivered, I must say that I think this is a fine year to treat yourself to something special in celebration of the upcoming holidays, and for a tea lover, this is ideal. I went ahead and tucked into a few samples so that I could tell you about them. Behind door number one was a Spiced Apple Chai that was so yummy-smelling that I simply savored the scent for a while before I ever took a sip. This tea was a fine blend of both apple and chai flavors, and I enjoyed it very much.


What tea to try next? My birthday is May 4, so I decided to peek behind door number 4, and oh boy, it held Cherry Marzipan Oolong tea. Now I *love* cherry-flavored teas but rarely find them, except for those cherry-rose green teas, which I also like, but I think cherry-flavored teas are perfect for Christmas. This one had that great naturally sweet "dessert tea" taste and is definitely one I need to order in a larger size.


And finally, I think that after this pandemic year, the number 20 is going to need some good PR, so I decided to give it a shot. Behind door number 20 was this decaf Hazelnut Cinnamon Creme tea, and it, too, had a "dessert tea" taste, so naturally sweet that I didn't even consider adding sugar, making this another fine indulgence.


If you'd like to treat someone else or yourself to a bit of Christmas joy, I'm happy to recommend the Tea Advent Calendar from Adagio Teas (click here for ordering info), and I'm grateful they gave me the opportunity to sample this delicious gift! Ahhh …


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a really fun Advent calendar! And much less fattening that those chocolate Advent calendars that are out there. The tea flavors in it sound quite interesting, too. And it's very pretty as well. Enjoy the choices behind each of the remaining little doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely treat! It's funny, but I always think advent calendars for for kids, but this would be a wonderful one for a grown up that loves tea. I did gift myself an advent calendar this year and can't wait to start opening the little doors. My Christmas wreath was hung today on my front porch. OK, I have never rushed a season before, but this year needs a bit more glitter and JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you had me at Cherry Marzipan Oolong! The whole thing looks and sounds delightful, if I weren't supposed to be "limiting" caffeine, I'd have ordered it already. I'm still thinking about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!