Friday, November 6, 2020

Tea and candles … and pumpkin spice!

The other day, I was rifling through a kitchen cabinet in search of this particular blue teacup, which I somehow end up reaching for each fall. I sat it next to a candle I'd tucked away, and it struck me that both the color and the flavors matched, as this is the teacup I've been using when sipping my Pumpkin Ginger tea, a Republic of Tea blend that I've been enjoying for about a decade now.

The candle, I don't remember buying. A gift, maybe? I like candles, although I'm not quite the candle aficionado that some of my friends are. I first realized this years ago when friends began hosting candle parties, which I had not realized even existed! These days, though, I do perk up when I hear about tea-scented candles, so I was pleased when tea friend Michele alerted me to a new Bath & Body Works candle with white tea and sage, which I will be looking for the next time I'm near one of their stores.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the lovely scents of my Pumpkin Spice candle and my Pumpkin Ginger tea in a favorite teacup, a gift from a former coworker. I always forget who made it, and I'm always surprised when I see that it was …


Royal Albert! So I'm curious: Are any of you fans of candles? If so, what brands and scents are your favorites? I'd love to know!

6 comments:

  1. I love pine scents. Thanks for tip from bath and body works. Sounds pleasant! Love your fall teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty teacup and saucer! I like candles but I mainly use them around the holidays. I'm getting one that is supposed to smell like freshly cut Christmas trees later today, since I use an artifical tree for convenience, I do miss the smell of a fresh tree. The BBW white tea and sage one sounds interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around here, I buy candles by "Milkhouse Candle Company". They're made of a mixture of soy and beeswax, are long burning, and come in the most 'delicious' scents. The one I'm burning right now is called "Sweet Woods".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty teacup. I am not a fan of candles, and never use them. Several years ago, someone in my apartment building left a candle unattended, resulting in a major fire with fatal results for the candle-burner. So for those of you who DO like candles, please be extra-careful using them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not a huge candle fan but I really like the vanilla ice cream candle at IKEA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cup and what a wonderful combination of tea and candle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!