Friday, October 23, 2020

Some 'Tea-rrific' new fabric

Now that darker evenings and (slightly) cooler temps have arrived, I'm enjoying more time for crafts and sewing, and I recently got a tip from my friend Joy about a new-to-me fabric vendor, Hawthorne Supply Co., that had this fun blue tea-themed fabric called "Tea-riffic."

Here's a detail of the fabric, which I ordered and just love. I have a hankering to piece an all-blue teapot quilt, but I don't have nearly enough blue fabrics, so I was quite happy to learn about this one.

When I'm watching my British TV shows on the weekends (lately, I'm catching up on "Father Brown" episodes), I'm cutting out triangles from some flour-sack prints and hand piecing them into diamonds. I'm not yet sure whether I want to just join all of these diamonds or intersperse them with strips of white, but I'm so enjoying the soothing rhythms of stitching my way through a TV show or two. Are any of you fabric lovers? If so, I'd love to hear what pretty prints you've found lately!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like that one, I got some too and it's even prettier than the photos! I got another tea-themed piece at the same time, and found a 1/2 yard piece on esty that has a dark green background with teacups, and a pretty teapot border. Would love to have a couple of yards of that one but I'll take whatever I can find. I think that one will be made into Christmas presents. I like your triangle/diamond pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...I would not have thought to look on etsy for fabric, but when I did a search for "fabric with teacup border print" this is one of the links I got. https://www.etsy.com/market/tea_cup_print_fabric
    Of course, some other things besides fabric come up on this page, but I was surprised at how much selection there is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty "Tea-rrific" print! Yes, I do love fabric--it's kind of an addiction. There are no longer any fabric stores in Washington, DC, so all my fabric shopping is done on-line. This summer I got some beautiful fabric on Etsy, with orioles and berries on it, and also one with bittersweet berries. My sister will kindly make them up for me, when I decide what I want them to become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a quilt lover. a long family tradition over 3 generations. I've been rediscoving fabric that I stored a while ago and got out to make masks for my family. Mainly my daughter to take back to college. working on the holidays next. add some extra cheer to our family holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric. I’ve been sewing clothing lately but nothing tea themed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your fabric choices. What a fun winter project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!