Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Granny Chic Washi Tape ... with teapots!

Washi tape. I have yet to fully explore the world of this fun, colorfully patterned Japanese adhesive tape that began showing up in the crafting world a few years back. But when I see some with teapots on it, I'm getting it, and I found this adorable Granny Chic Washi Tape on Amazon and placed an order. 

This cute package has four rolls of tape, and of course you can guess which one I like best!

Ever since COVID arrived, I've been hearing not to lick envelopes and to tape them instead, so I also think washi tape is a cute way to seal an envelope. But I mostly use my washi tape to secure dies in place when I'm running them through my die-cutting machine. Are any of you fans of washi tape? If so, what are some of the things you're using it for? I'd love to know!




6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that washi tape is cute, and I like the packaging, too. I use washi tape as accents in scrapbook pages and on cards, and have used it to decorate envelopes (especially for card I send my granddaughter) as well as to hold dies and other things in place. I haven't used it to seal envelopes because it is so easily removed. I have a bottle of envelope sealer that I use for that, then use the washi tape for decoration. And I think I need to find some of this design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I haven't thought of that, Joy! (Easy removal.) I've only been doing it on greeting cards for friends, but I think I'll make sure even those are firmly sealed first. Excellent thinking!

      Delete
  2. Those are adorable! I really have not tried the tape yet because I haven't seen any I love...this could change my mind! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teapot-design washi tape is really cute! I have used washi tape only for decorating cards (inside and out). I have one roll with foxes on it and one with sloths, and I like them both very much. You can find lots of pretty washi tape to order on the Etsy website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tape. I’ve never used washi tape and have wonder what the fuss was about. I may have to buy some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you are a temptress. Now I want these so much. I am going to put these tapes on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!