Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Fall "seams" like a good time to craft!

Most weeks, my friend Kathy hosts a stamping/card-making video on her YouTube channel, and I love to watch as she teaches a new card-making technique with her trademark humorous style. I'm usually watching via iPhone or MacBook Air at my craft table so that I can craft right along with her. I'm not making the same project, but I do enjoy multitasking, especially when crafting is involved, and I know Kathy would approve. This week, I happened to be playing with some designs plucked straight out of the enormous box of stamps Kathy gave me last week after she cleaned out her stash! We're both still social distancing, so we FaceTimed last Friday morning, and that afternoon, I drove to her house and picked up my goodies from her porch! This sweet little teacup stamp was in one of the sets.

She asked if I minded that this had both coffee and tea, and of course I did not. Plus, the price was right!

Speaking of price … I have to share my good luck via the Goodwill in Rome over the weekend. I took Aunt Jane there to shop, and I found these 100-yard rolls of seam binding for just $1.99 each. That's 500 yards of seam binding, and I love to use this stuff as ribbon, but I'm used to paying more like $5 for a roll of 10 yards. With Christmas coming up, I figure the plum/wine color will be great for presents, and the gray and white will be good for card making.

I made this little card a while back but was really raiding my ribbon box for a tiny, elegant ribbon suitable for a teapot handle. Now I have plenty of ribbon!

And this has nothing to do with tea, but I thought you might like to see one of my fall birthday cards, made with the new Autumn Greetings stamp and die set I got from Kathy, who is a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I've gotten into the routine of making cards when I have a spare moment during the week, and I sew on the weekends. So it looks like I might just have a crafty fall ahead! (And wait till you see the tea-themed Washi tape I found on Amazon. It can't get here fast enough!) 



11 comments:

  1. Good morning! What fun it is to see your crafted cards. If you want another source for tea-themed washi tape, go Here: https://www.teathoughts.shop/collections/stationery
    warm wishes, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stamp set! And I like your cards (as always.) I spent Sunday afternoon making cards along with my friend who is a Close to my Heart consultant, via Facebook Live. I miss doing it in person but it was still fun to do it this way. I love your "ribbon" idea, and look forward to seeing the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you'll let me know if there are any tea-related things with CTMH, I trust! :)

      Delete
    2. Of course! I just got the new catalogs so I'll send you pictures of anything tea-related. :-)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to card crafting, Angela! Isn't it FUN???

    I have been making cards for years - and I receive one occassionally - and they are such a treasure to give and get, yes?

    I think Kathy is a sweetheart to give you tea related stamps! Your cards are gorgeous!

    I just got some new papers to craft some yesterday so I think that's what I will do tonight. It's such perfect weather I don't want to go to my basement crafting area until the sun goes down!

    What I *should* be doing is work and gardening, but alas I am just sipping tea and looking at my favorite blogs and Pinterest. ♥

    Covid has made me a lazy bum. I cannot lie.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And funny enough, Michele, when I got home and was researching my new "ribbon," I Googled and found a link to a mention of it on … your blog! (Many years ago, but I was grateful that I now know where to get more of this when I run out!)

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful cards! I especially like the autumn-themed one, with the wheat, rose hips, autumn leaves, and other botanicals. The eucalyptus on it goes so well with your aqua background. And your excellent eye found such a good deal at the Goodwill with those rolls of seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose hips! I was trying to figure out what those little bulb-looking things are. Yes! (I even have some on my backyard rose bushes, but it hadn't occurred to me that this was what I was looking at in the design. Thank you!)

      Delete
  5. You make such wonderful cards. Nice that you have new craft items to add to your supplies; that is always a good thing! The teapot card is my favorite but they are all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful. The hugsnug binding was a great buy. If you want to take up couture garment sewing you are set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very special to receive a handmade card, especially tea themed. So much fun. Happy early birthday Angela.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!