Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Some minted ice that's nice

After viewing that "From the Garden" issue from Stampington and Co. a few days ago, I couldn't stop thinking about those pretty resin teaspoons. So, I copied the idea … in ice! I tinted a little water pink with food coloring and filled the cavities of a silicone chocolate mold, adding a few tiny fresh mint leaves, then placed the tray in the freezer for a few hours.

This is a detail of the mold, something I found at a HomeGoods store a few years ago.

If I ever see a mold that is *entirely* teapots and teacups, I will definitely have to have it. I found this a fun idea and something that would be neat to use for a tea party … if I could just make enough of these cute ice cubes for everyone to have some!


6 comments:

  1. Those are darling! What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those iced teacups and teapots are adorable and I would love to have a mold like that too! Thank you for your lovely articles, they make my day when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those really are the cutest ice cubes! The mint leaves make them so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!