Monday, July 13, 2020

Twinings Cold Infuse Flavoured Cold Water Enhancer

I grocery shopped at Walmart the other day, and I was surprised and delighted to find a new product I'd seen on Amazon but deemed too expensive (about $10) for a mere 12 infuser bags. But when Walmart had it for just under $5, that seemed like quite the bargain—and one that would help me consume more water this summer.

The infusers are vacuum sealed, and these are the instructions on the top of the inner lining. That's pretty much all you do.

The sweet, enticing scent was primarily of watermelon. I love watermelon (and all fruit, really), so I knew this was a good sign.

This herbal tea contains hibiscus, beetroot, rosehips, and natural flavorings, and Twinings notes that "these herbal ingredients are specially heat treated to make them our first ever infuser safe to drop into cold water." 

So I plopped the infuser into my water bottle (I didn't care for this particular brand of water, so I poured it out and used cold tap water), shook it, and within just five minutes, the water had turned dark pink. The combination of herbal flavors in my water was quite refreshing, and I like knowing that this beverage comes from a trusted name in tea. The package, by the way, notes that this tea may also be sipped hot, but considering that the tagless infusers are designed to fit in water bottles, I think I'll reserve mine for that.

Have any of you tried this Cold Infuse Water Enhancer? Would you?

9 comments:

  1. I certainly would try it, it sounds delicious! I'll see if I can add this to my next Walmart grocery pickup list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to note the different flavours in different countries.

    I bought the strawberry kiwi blend. I was hopeful. I missed seeing Hibiscus. It's a no for me. There's something about Hibiscus that taints flavours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound very interesting! It's quite pretty. I haven't tried it, but would if someone offered me some. I probably wouldn't buy it, though, since I like my water plain. But if it gets you to drink more water, that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see this post. Last year at Portland's Tea Festival we had a rep from Twinings speak and she told us this was coming out soon. Fun to see it is now out in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve never seen these but would try them. Were they with the tea or water flavorings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sisters both like flavored/ infused water......I think I am alone in this but I drink a LOT of water - all day - about a half gallon at least a day. It's weird. But I really like it.

    Nice to be back in blogville - been mia for a while. Hope you are staying well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!