Friday, July 10, 2020

Tea at the beach … in 1926

One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and purchase an antique stereoscope so that I can quit making myself sit here and practically stare at my nose until I go all cross-eyed, but hey, that technique works and is free, so there's that. Basically, to make these images work, you have to sort of zone out and stare at the line in the middle (pretend you're doing your taxes, if that helps). Eventually, you'll come to your senses and realize that hey, that image looks kind of three-dimensional! And this one, taken at the "Deck" Tea Garden at the Hollywood Beach Hotel in Hollywood, Florida, in 1926 is especially fun when viewed in 3D. I believe I spy a few tea wares, and once again, I have the Library of Congress to thank for this!

And here's a larger view of the image itself if you're unable to view it in 3D. If you're not at the beach but would like to be, maybe this will provide a little beachside fun until you can get there!

4 comments:

  1. It looks nice and civilized. If I could have afternoon tea there, going to the beach wouldn't be so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea at the beach sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!