Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A tea tin I *wish* I had

It wasn't exactly a normal St. Patrick's Day yesterday, was it? To be honest, I didn't even think about it until Monday night. I remembered that I had a cute new emerald-green top I had planned to wear this week, but alas, there's nowhere to wear it and no one to see it. (And if that's my biggest worry this week, I must be doing pretty well.) And as far as my traditional March 17 meal of corned beef and cabbage? Well, that just wasn't on my radar during my last brief trip to the grocery store, and it certainly wasn't worth going back out in public for! But I did go online to research some old tea tins, and I found this one from a past auction on eBay. (Special thanks to this eBay seller for granting me permission to use his photo of something that sold in December!)

Have you ever heard of Belle of Killarney Choicest Irish Style Tea? I had not, but boy, would I love to find one of these tins before next St. Patrick's Day, when, Lord willing, things are back to normal.

So did you do anything in honor of St. Patrick's Day? I'd love to hear it!


6 comments:

  1. Love the tin! I wore green yesterday but didn't eat corned beef or cabbage. (I did have a salad with my lunch, it was green, so I guess that counts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have something new to look for in the antique malls! That's a really cute tin. Yesterday afternoon, I had Irish Breakfast Tea in my shamrock teacup and buttered & toasted Irish Soda Bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tin IS quite cute! For the holiday, I wore my St. Patrick's Day Washington Capitals t-shirt--it's green, has a shamrock on it, and has pretty Celtic-design lettering. I also ate some wonderful St Patrick's Day cookies that my sister in North Carolina had made and sent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tin. We had corned beef and cabbage. Aldi had them on sale about 2 weeks ago and I picked one up. Otherwise I would have forgotten last week during my emergency shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wore green, colored rainbows, shamrocks and pots of gold with my 3 year old grand - and in the quiet hours cried and prayed.

    Stay healthy and safe.

    Hugs. ♣

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!