Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A magazine to spark your creativi-tea

Last year, I rediscovered Somerset Studio magazine while on a summer trip to Wisconsin, and it generated so many creative ideas that I have made it a point to look for each new quarterly issue. The February/March/April one has, obviously, been out for a while now, but trips to two different Michaels stores and my local Barnes and Noble were unfruitful. I really, really wanted this issue, though, because of that lovely vintage typewriter on the cover, so when I was near the Barnes and Noble in Rome over the weekend, I walked in with my fingers crossed, and indeed, they had one copy left.

Although I'd seen a preview of a few articles online, I had no idea of what features I was going to find in this issue. And when I spotted the supply list for the very first article, I had to smile.

 I think I see some tea stains. Don't you?

As I thumbed through the issue, tea kept appearing, such as this article titled "My Artful Tea Bags." (The artist seems partial to Harney & Sons tea, so I heartily approve.)

And then when I noticed the "ink" splotches on this feature about some whimsical owls, I realized the ink is again tea, and the owls are painted on tea bags! So if you're inspired by this kind of fun art, you might want to look for this issue of Somerset Studio yourself. It's a keeper!

5 comments:

  1. What fun to find so many tea and teabag references in an unexpected place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about this magazine. I'll have to look for it. what a great issue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly looks like a very interesting magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been saving used teabags for art lately. Now I must get busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!