Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A thrifty teacup ornament

It's never too early to start looking for tea-themed Christmas ornaments, and I found an oldie but goodie at the Blake House Thrift Store in Carrollton the other day, this Hallmark Keepsake ornament called Friendship Time.

I guess my tea radar was working properly, because I spotted that curve behind the 49-cent price sticker and thought, "Is that a teacup handle?"

Indeed it was. The ornament doesn't appear to have ever been taken out of the box, and it dawned on me that 1989 was more than 30 years ago now. And by the way, I did not pay 49 cents for the ornament because they were having a half-off sale, so I got it for 25 cents. This is probably the fourth or fifth vintage Hallmark ornament I've found over the years, and it's early in the year, so maybe I'll find some more before Christmas 2020!

8 comments:

  1. Great find! Best bargain of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And you surely can't beat that price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Christmas ornament is amazing. You really found a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "tea radar" and sharp eyes sure found a cute ornament this time! (But it's hard to believe that 1989 was more than 30 years ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a deal! I'm always looking for a Hallmark Madame Alexander doll with teapot like you've shown on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!!! I love it! I'm surprised you didn't already have one!
    And what a fantastic price! Yay for you!!! :) Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!