Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The March/April 2020 Tea Time … and that tea set!

I know from the comments I've seen online this week that I'm not the only one who was happy to see a new issue of Tea Time land in my mailbox. This is a French-themed issue, and I must say that I have fallen in love with that Bernardaud Brocante tea set on the cover!

Here, the teapot beautifully accents the blue glass serving plate. (I have a similar blue serving plate and made a mental note to use it with some berry dish, as those strawberry and orange blossom scones look so pretty on it.)

Even this teacup from the set just made me swoon, and while it's much more affordable than the $393 teapot, it's still $161, so I don't see myself ordering one anytime soon. (If it comes to T.J. Maxx or Goodwill, though, all bets are off.) Still, it's fun to have a new tea set to dream about. Are you dreaming about any new tea wares lately?

7 comments:

  1. I agree, that tea set is lovely. Out of my price range, too, but dreams are free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set! I haven’t gotten pass the first few pages yet. Stopped at the Travel with Teatime 2020. The trip to London looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My issue came today. When I came to the article "The Timeless Treasure of Silver Teapots", I was pleasantly surprised to see a teaset that looks like the antique one my mother bought when we lived in England. It's the one on the bottom right of page 58. She gave it to me when I got married in the 70's and I treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I watch the classic movie, "Babette's Feast," I always wish I had the china that Babette uses for the feast, "Imperatrice Eugenie" by Haviland. It's way beyond my price range, but maybe someday I'll buy one piece, just to dream on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am dreaming of a new purple transferware teacup because my "live-in gardener" broke mine today. Does that count? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, that IS beautiful, but oh so out of my price range! I'm not dreaming about any new teawares, simply because I have a strict One In One Out policy (on every kind of stuff), so if I buy a new teapot I have to get rid of one, and I really like all my teapots, so … I enjoy new teawares vicariously at beautiful sites like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!