Friday, October 4, 2019

Finding tea in unexpected places … yet again

Recently, I ordered a copy of a 2015 book I'd read good things about online, Stitch Stories by Cas Holmes. Printed in the UK, this cloth-covered hardback book is packed with examples of unique textile art and was just the sort of thing I was hoping for to get my creative juices going.

I've been thinking of trying my hand at creating some sort of altered book, and I liked the techniques and pages and threads I found in this book, including this spread about printing with a gelatine plate. I love those messy threads for some reason!

And though I did see an image of a bowl that reminded me of a tea bowl, I did not expect to see this, Judith R. Shamp's The Zen of Tea, which is made of pleated tea bag paper and recycled bamboo. Isn't that amazing! I continue to be delightfully surprised by how many artists are inspired by tea, and I believe some of you would enjoy this book as well.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of creative information and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very interesting book! The paper tea set is amusing, and I like the goat in that gelatin print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tempt me. It does look fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted to feature on ant Post with a tea connection. Thankyou for your kind comments. I love Judy Shamps work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!