Monday, October 7, 2019

Finally, it's fall!

Alex and I were thrilled when we stepped outside to go to church yesterday morning and found temperatures had finally dipped! Considering that it was 97 degrees just a couple of days ago, we are genuinely delighted to finally have some fall-like temps in our neck of the woods. And it occurred to me that the Welbeck chintz still sitting on my tea trolley needed to be switched up with something more fall-like.

So, these are a few of my favorite fall things: darker-colored teacups, for one thing. I don't have a lot of spice-toned teacups, but this top one seemed to fit my theme. It's a Royal Albert Prairie Lily set, part of their Provincial Flowers series.

Much less precious but no less loved, this grapevine teapot was a gift from a friend years ago, and I have had it on display somewhere in my house ever since I received it.

This golden-yellow teapot was one of my summertime purchases from a friend who is downsizing.

And this is what I'm sipping this week, a fresh new tin of Pumpkin Spice tea from Harney. What are some of your favorite fall things?

6 comments:

  1. I adore your grapevine teapot. My favorite fall tea has been, Twinings Chai Pumpkin Spice. It's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to feel the cooler temperatures, too. That's one of my favorite things about fall. I have fall leaves and pumpkins all around my house - I've made a bunch of flannel pumpkins while I've been recovering from my knee surgery. And pumpkin spice tea or hot cinnamon tea are some more of my fall favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That grapevine teapot is very interesting! One of my favorite fall things is a quilt in fall colors that I use as a bedspread. A friend of mine bought it at an Amish quilt auction and give it to me for my birthday two years ago, and I always put it on my bed when autumn arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grapevine teapot. I’ve been sipping vanilla chai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE fall!! The cooler temperatures are invigorating after a long HOT summer and the fall leaves are beautiful....I just love being outdoors in the fall! :) Oh, and it's time to enjoy drinking hot tea again!!!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to get out the brown transferware cups for sipping and then head for more robust black teas. Love your tower of flower cups.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!