Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Bigelow's Ginger Peach Turmeric Herbal Tea

This week, I'm among the living again, but last week, fall allergies had me by the throat … and nose … and eyeballs … and … you get the idea. You know when that pale-yellow pollen pours down like rain in the springtime? Doesn't affect me one bit. It can be covering my car and even sticking to my contact lenses, but I don't sneeze. At the first hint of ragweed, however, I'm out. And I said all that to say this: I have consumed about two boxes of herbal tea in the past week, so on my first day outside the house this week, off to the grocery store I went, and I found a new-to-me flavor of Bigelow tea!

Ginger Peach anything always tempts me, but this Ginger Peach Turmeric was especially appealing since turmeric has been hailed lately for its antioxidant properties and many other medicinal uses. As I hoped it would, this tea tasted great, slightly peppery and spicy but with a strong peach flavor. The spicy tea is a pleasure to sip as well as to sniff, since I have been keeping my stopped-up nose over a mug of tea lately.

And of course, I still enjoy the fact that Bigelow's teas are individually packaged, which I like to think keeps the tea fresher longer. When you have a cold or allergy, do you have a go-to tea (or other remedy)? I'd love to hear it!

5 comments:

  1. Hot tea does sooth a scratcy throat, doesn't it. I don't have a particular "go to" but this one sounds like a winner. I love peach tea, too, I might have to try this. I hope your allergies continue to recede and you can enjoy the beautiful (finally) fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergies are fairly new to me and I haven't thought what tea might help. I do like ginger peach teas when out at tea and I know turmeric has become popular in tea, but just not sure I like the turmeric teas. Chado has a pretty good orange citrus with turmeric. That is the closest I have come to liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that tea with turmeric has helped you. The turmeric doesn't not sound appealing to me. When I have a cold, I like any tea with lemon and honey added. I also find that drinking lots of cold lemonade helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have purchased this particular tea and I really, really like it. I found it at a Big Lots type of place and have bought several boxes and given some away. Need to go back and get some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!