Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Volcano Green Tea from Carolina Parakeet

I've finally sampled the last of the new teas I purchased at the Carolina Parakeet Tea Room and Gifts in Anderson, S.C., last month, and this time, I was trying the Volcano Green Tea.

I was intrigued that this is a US-grown tea, and it is described as being "forest grown tea under canopy of Ohia trees & Hapuu ferns & processed in Volcano Village at 4000' elevation" in Hawaii. When I opened the package, I immediately noticed how very large some of the tea leaves are, such as the one to the left of the teacup and saucer here. It was easily an inch and a half long!

After steeping the tea according to the package directions for just two minutes, I took a sip and was impressed by the smooth green tea taste. As summer winds to a close, it was nice to skip the fruity teas I've been drinking and enjoy the pleasure of a pure green tea. I had several resteepings of this tea, and I loved knowing that it was grown in Hawaii. Have you enjoyed any US-grown teas lately?

5 comments:

  1. That IS very interesting-looking tea! That's very neat that it was grown in Hawaii. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I haven't had any US-grown tea lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see more US grown tea. Charleston teas are the only US teas I’ve tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a nice tea! I've never heard of Volcano Green tea, but you certainly got me intrigued. Will look out for it!
    Tatjana from https://teapro.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!