Friday, September 20, 2019

Five more hours till showtime …

Y'all, I don't go to movies that often. In February, I joined some friends who met me in Newnan for an evening showing of Gone With the Wind on its eightieth anniversary. Before that, I can't even tell you the name of the last movie I saw, and frankly, Acorn TV and Amazon Prime meet most of my viewing needs these days. But when I heard a Downton Abbey movie was in the works, I could not wait to get my ticket, and today's the day! And I've been preparing this week by using my treasured Downton Abbey tea strainer!

That soft golden light that signals fall is on the way is shining on my dining table, and I loved the play of light as I strained some brisk black tea with my DA strainer, a gift from Frances in California years ago. I should've thought to order some of the new DA teas, but since I didn't, I decided that using my DA tea ware would help me get in the spirit of the movie!

I plan to be munching on popcorn and in my seat at noon today. So who else is going to see the movie today or this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. I am!!! Getting ready to head to Anderson in a bit where this afternoon my sister and I will enjoying DA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!! I am ready to see it again! I hope the movie is a blockbuster. I am re watching the series again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I are going Sunday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a movie-goer or TV watcher, and since I didn't watch "Downton Abbey" on TV, I haven't been planning on seeing the movie. But I'm interested in hearing what all you "Tea Friends" think about the movie, and whether you think it is worth seeing for someone who isn't already familiar with the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, me, me!!! I just saw it!!! I was not disappointed!!! I have missed those people and it was so good to see them again and doing well!!! :) I ordered some Bates' Brambleberry tea to celebrate the occasion!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, who introduced me to Downton Abbey, is actually driving up to NC from Florida just to go to the movie with me! How's that for friendship? I can't wait to see it, and wish I could sneak some tea into the theater with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one of those who missed out on Downton Abbey when it first aired and never got into it, but I probably would love it if I could watch from the beginning. I hope you enjoyed the movie, I have heard great reviews from friends who have seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!