Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The opera singer pouring tea

If you're into history at all, I highly recommend that you pay regular visits to the Library of Congress website and check out the offerings. This week, I found a photo titled "Johnson" that the LOC says "shows Edward Patrick Johnson (1878?-1959), a Canadian tenor opera singer who was billed outside North America as Edoardo Di Giovanni. Johnson is pouring tea out of a teapot while looking at a score. (Source: Flickr Commons project, 2017)"

I wish there were another photo of the teapot on what I believe is some type of stand/warmer contraption at left. Do you agree?

And are any of us opera fans? If so, this photo should make you especially happy!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy operas, as well as many other genres of music, and I can well believe this tenor's voice was soothed by his cup of hot tea. I'd love to see the teapot on the warmer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful photo! It's always nice to see a photo of a gentleman enjoying his cup of tea. I am a huge opera fan, so the photo DOES make me happy! I have attended many operas here in the US and in Europe. But I can't think of any operas which feature characters drinking tea--champagne is more often the beverage of choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Very very nice blog. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing
    Nice post! It’s really interesting.
    CTC loose Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!