Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Heirloom Rose Snack Plates from Lefton

A thoughtful friend recently gifted me with a wonderful treat, a set of eight snack plates in pristine condition.



I had mentioned that I've had an idea for a tea to do at my church this fall, and it will require quite a few tea-and-toast sets. My friend found these for a song, and while they're absent the teacups, she and I both agreed that simple white teacups, or even mix-and-match rose ones, will work just perfectly.

The plates are marked "Lefton China" and "Hand Painted, Reg. U.S. Pat. Off." According to this site, that means these date from 1949-1955.

I just love this pretty, feminine design …

And this hint of blush pink around the edge is something I've not seen on a tea-and-toast set before, and I've accumulated 50-plus sets, in lots of different (and mostly floral) patterns. I actually discovered on Replacements.com that this particular pattern is called Heirloom Rose. Isn't that lovely? And if you'll click here, you can even see what the matching teacups look like. Considering how intricate that handle is, I'm not at all surprised that they didn't manage to stay with the sets over the years. So I'm delighted to have these gorgeous new plates to include in my teatime stash, and you never know when I might even stumble upon a matching teacup one day!

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! And what a nice gift. Those plates are really sweet, I do love roses and old-fashioned rose-printed china. They are well named, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very interesting plates. I don't think I've ever seen curved indented areas with the gold striping inside like these plates have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty plates. I’m sure the tea, you use them at, will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet delicate pattern, and the pink blush is lovely! You'll have fun finding cups...pink depression glass cups???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, that's a splendid idea, and I have some already! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!