Friday, June 21, 2019

Tea and turtles in Texas

When we were in Texas last week, my sister, niece and nephew, and my sister's in-laws all headed to County Line on the Lake, a barbecue place in Austin, for dinner one night. I love trying out unique new restaurants when I visit a new place, and this one was quite memorable!

It immediately endeared itself to me by having an "Arnold Palmer" listed on the drinks menu. I go to Chick-fil-A sometimes and ask if I can get half tea/half lemonade (I don't ask for an "Arnold Palmer" since not everyone knows that this is the drink made popular by the famous golfer). So while I can get it at Chick-fil-A, I've never seen this particular beverage listed on a menu before and was happy to find it in Austin. Plus, it's pretty with that ombre mix of the tea and lemonade. (Now that I'm in the "grombre" stage of growing out my hair from brown to gray, I'm noticing things that are "ombre" like never before!)

I had these brisket tacos, and they were awesome! (Half of them went back to the hotel with me and served as lunch the following day.)

In addition to the delicious food and the unexpected blessing of enjoying an Arnold Palmer with my meal, I loved the fact that they encourage the feeding of the ducks, turtles, and fish on the lake. Here Amelia is stocking up on their food.

I noted with interest that she was careful to bring her cowgirl boots to Texas with us!

Have you ever seen so many turtles?

I had not, and this was one Texas dinner I won't soon forget!



5 comments:

  1. Love the turtles! What fun to feed them and the fish - after feeding yourselves first, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those turtles are really neat! I love to see turtles, and that's very cool that you could buy turtle food so that they would swim right up to you.
    I think the term "Arnold Palmer" for half tea and half lemonade is now copyrighted by the AriZona Beverage Company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten there before. It's a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun barbecue, love the turtles too. The brisket tacos look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!