Friday, June 7, 2019

Taking "tea" on the road

Scrolling through my iPhone photos this week, I realized I'd taken a couple of tea photos on my recent trip to North Carolina that I meant to share here. First, I wasn't hungry for a full lunch while at the mall in Cary, North Carolina, one day, so instead I decided to just treat myself to a chai frappuccino, which I believe I got at Jet's Coffee. I wasn't sure about having cold chai, but this was delicious and definitely served as my sweet treat for the day!

Alex and I also like to check out the nice new gas station/convenience store centers along the way when we need a snack or drink. This time, I found a new Teavana bottled tea, this unsweetened Strawberry Apple Green Tea. I've tried lots of bottled teas over the years, and this one tasted like tea that I make for myself at home. I think it helped that there were no wonky-tasting sweeteners. Lesson learned, and I'll be looking for this tea again.

I know tea lovers like to try new tearooms when they travel, but do any of you like to try new teas and tea treats on road trips? I sure do, and I've got another road trip planned soon, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more new teas along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Both of those look interesting! I usually steer clear of bottled teas since few of them taste "right" to me, but if I come across this one, I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm not as adventuresome as you are when it comes to trying new teas while traveling. I'm not much of a fan of bottled ice tea, but that's nice that you found that UNSWEETENED bottled Teavana tea. I usually travel with my own favorite teabags in a cloth "tea wallet" that my sister made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll have to look for the Teavana. So many bottled tea has too much sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be fun to look for teas on a road trip

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!