Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A treasured teapot turns up in "Tea Time"

Many years ago, I was coming back from a magazine assignment in LaGrange, Georgia, when I stopped by an antique store there and spotted this lovely old Sadler teapot. I'd been searching for a pretty pink teapot, and I bought this teapot because I thought it was one of the prettiest teapots I had ever seen. I still do!

Fast-forward to 2019, and I'm innocently flipping through the charming pages of the new issue of Tea Time when I say …

Hey, that's like my teapot! I knew mine was a Sadler, but that was almost all I knew about it, and then I read this: "Over time, the company evolved its products, creating whimsical and ornate pieces, such as the Sadler 1562 teapot. From the unique apple shape of its body to the classic floral design to the gold scrollwork and trim, this is an eye-catching piece to feature at your summertime tea party!" So thank you, Tea Time, for sharing some new information about my teapot's pedigree. Do any of you happen to have a Sadler 1562 teapot? I'd sure like to see any others that were made!




10 comments:

  1. Your Sadler teapot is lovely, as is the one in Tea Time. We'll need to keep our eyes out for one with that pretty turquoise color for you, to go along with your pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you found the "sister" to your teapot in Tea Time magazine!
    I don't have one like it, but will be on the look-out for one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do... mine is blue and white! I love the shape! And your roses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Sadler teapots and your teapot is a real beauty. How fun to find it in Tea Time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one that was handed down by my Grandmother. It has a delicate pattern of lilac roses on it and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!