Monday, May 6, 2019

Some things that are vintage …

No, this teacup isn't vintage, but it sure looks it, doesn't it? It's one of the things I bought with the T.J. Maxx gift card my sister gave me for my birthday. (And wow, how did she know I love T.J. Maxx?) Speaking of things that are vintage, I turned 55 on Saturday, and I am looking forward to seeing a few of those senior discounts kick in. If you know of a good one, please share!

This saucer is so pretty, it would even look nice hanging on the wall.

And like the truly vintage teacup I found last weekend, this one features flowers inside the cup as well as on the saucer. I absolutely loved this teacup from the moment I spotted it, and my only decision was whether I wanted the exterior to be this aqua color or a salmon pink (which was a close second). They also had versions with bubblegum pink and yellow exteriors, and for a ridiculous moment, I thought about getting all four with my gift card, but I decided that would be overkill.

So now I'm happily enjoying my tea in this lovely cup and saucer, which has a nice wide handle and is a pleasure to sip from.

And while I've noted that Grace's Teaware has made lots of teacups at T.J. Maxx in recent years, I was surprised that this one  truly feels like old bone china. 

When I got home from shopping, I sent my sister a cellphone picture of what she bought me, representing what I consider the three major retail food groups: clothes, jewelry, and tea wares!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Angela! Love your teacup! The aqua is definitely you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Happy belated Birthday! at Taco Bell you get a free senior drink with your order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be taking advantage of that tip! Thanks, Suzette! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Great choices at TJ Maxx, I love that teacup and saucer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found some fun things to use your birthday gift card on!
    In regard to senior discounts, when you travel, be sure to check to see if your hotel offers a senior discount. I know the Best Westerns do, even the ones in Europe--I have saved quite a bit of money that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! That's a very pretty teacup. I guess I need to take a visit to my TJ Maxx and see if they have anything close

    ReplyDelete
  6. The teacup is a beauty and does look vintage. I always look at the teacups at TJ Maxx, but don't buy because they just don't feel the same as vintage. Glad you were given one that looks and feels vintage. Happy Birthday a bit late. Ahh! Senior discounts! It took me awhile to accept that I could get them when I turned a vintage age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly made some good choices for your birthday gift card. The teacup is lovely, and I really like the pink top and earrings. Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    Your new tea cup is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!