Monday, April 1, 2019

Some things are just mint to be …


So one of my weekend goals was to go ahead and get some mint growing for iced tea (it's supposed to hit 80 here in Georgia this week), but I didn't have time to run by any of the local garden centers. 

Fortunately, Ingles grocery store had a few mint plants in the produce section, so I tossed one in my cart.

This mint doesn't say what variety it is, but I like all mints, so I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever it is. I also like that it's an organic plant that's grown in the US.

And while I'm not ready to plant a fairy garden just yet — my largest teacup planter has cracked and is going to need replacing first — I've started gathering items for the fairy garden, including the little teapot on a tree. Perfect, isn't it? It was on sale at JoAnn the other day for half off.

I also got a cute shepherd's hook marker to let the fairies know they're welcome. If you happen to run across any tea-themed doodads appropriate for a fairy garden this spring, would you kindly let me know where you saw them? If mine isn't completely planted by then, it will be nice to have a list of sources. Thanks in advance, friends!

10 comments:

  1. Lots at Dollar General and Big Lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! I will be going there! :)

      Delete
  2. Your mint looks great in that cute teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I’ll let you know if I come across anything for your fairy garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of cute things at Big Lots for my fairy garden. The everyday prices are generally much better than elsewhere, however if you sign up for their rewards card, they will email you coupons - sometimes 15% off - sometimes $5 off. They have cute teapot shaped fairy homes & much more. I love your teapot on a tree. Guess I need to make a trip to JoAnne's! :)
    Blessings,
    Heather Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now seeing this now that I'm back home for the day, but I will be heading to Big Lots next time I'm out running errands. Thanks for the tips, Heather!

      Delete
  5. Love your pot of mint and the fairy garden things. Our fairy garden got rather destroyed by squirrels this winter and several pieces were broken. Now I will be looking too. Would love finding that one with the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little teapot on a tree is really cute. Look forward to seeing your completed fairy garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!