Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sugarfina Matcha Green Tea Caramels

When I was at Phipps Plaza in Atlanta last week, I saw a display of sweets at Nordstrom that caught my eye. Although I'd heard of Sugarfina before, I don't believe I'd  ever sampled their sweets, so naturally, these Matcha Green Tea Caramels caught my eye.

To be honest, some of the matcha-flavored treats I've tried have tasted too much like matcha for my taste buds, so I bought these tea-flavored caramels while not quite knowing in which direction these might go.

And how pleasantly surprised I was when I bit into one and got a nice bit of matcha flavor, yes, but these are first and foremost caramels. What a lovely combination! At $7.50 for 2.9 ounces, these don't need to be scarfed down like M&M's but rather savored a few at a time. I could also see adding these to a dessert at teatime for a tasty finishing touch. Have any of you tried these caramels before? You can find out more about them here.

6 comments:

  1. Those would have caught my eye, too, and I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised at the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t tried these yet. Great idea for a teatime treat! I happen to be going to Nordstrom’s today. Have you ever tried the kids grilled cheese lunch? It comes with soup, fruit, and a drink 8.50. The best buy at Nordstrom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I will do that next time. Love this idea!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried those matcha caramels and I don't think I would buy them, but I'd give them a try if someone offered me one. I have bought other Sugarfina items as gifts, as they have some very cute candies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!