Monday, February 18, 2019

Some thrilling thrifting

Aunt Jane and I hadn't visited the Carrollton Goodwill store in a couple of weeks, so that's where we went on Saturday. Most of the time, Aunt Jane racks up and I do not. This time, the reverse was true.

I never get tired of bargains on old Sandy Lynam Clough items, and this $2.99 print with the "R" on it happened to be in the store on the weekend "Red" items were half off, so yippee, a print for $1.50. (Although it's a little curious to me why they write the "R" for "Red" in yellow, but … whatever.)

And I have for years wanted a pretty way to display my business cards when I'm out speaking about editing or writing, as I will be doing several times this year, and this business card holder was absolutely perfect for me!

And 89 cents? Are you kidding me? I'm almost offended that such a gorgeous piece is less than the price of a plastic doodad down the street at Dollar Tree. ("Almost," I said.)

The painter even signed it, and ironically, I have a character named "Teri," spelled just that way, in my novel coming out this spring. Odd, then, that I would run across this particular item. That bit of serendipity was worth more than 89 cents to me!

My best find, though, was this pretty vintage teapot. As usual, Goodwill had it all covered in clear packaging tape, but I was happy that I removed it to find everything in tip-top shape.

I thought $4.99 was a fine price for this teapot.

Especially for a Sadler. So are you coming across any fun tea finds at the thrift stores in your neck of the woods? I'd love to know!

10 comments:

  1. That Saddler teapot is stunning. A truly fabulous find. Why oh why can't I have such good luck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you found! Such treasures, especially the teapot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. I also have a Sadler from a thrift shop but l had to pay 7.99 for mine! Love the card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! GREAT finds! That Sadler teapot alone was worth the trip, and then to find the lovely framed print and the business card holder (signed by Teri) is almost too much to believe! Once I get my knees fixed (surgery is scheduled) I look forward to thrift shopping again. You always inspire me with the things you find but these are some of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the Sadler teapot. I would snatch that one up eventhough I am restricting myself to buying more teapots. I haven't been out shopping lately, so no new finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really lucked out this time! I especially like that little china holder that you will be using for business cards. What do you think it was originally made to hold--matches, perhaps? It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great on your thrift shopping adventure! So happy for all your lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finds just waiting for you! Jealous of the Sadler teapot bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!