Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Recommended reading: "Vintage Roses" by Jane Eastoe and Georgianna Lane

I've been sipping my Whittard of Chelsea English Rose tea with the most delightful new book, and I know some of you would enjoy it as well. It's Vintage Roses by Jane Eastoe with photography by Georgianna Lane, and it is simply splendid, easily one of the prettiest books I've put my hands on in years.

The photography captures roses in so many poses.

The book also explains about tea roses and how they came to be hybridized, which is interesting, but I must say that I am happy just flipping through the photos for long, admiring moments.

When I showed my husband this photo, he said this book is "very Angela." I'll take that as a lovely compliment.

I recommend reading this book with a rosy teacup at hand, and for many of us, that shouldn't be hard at all. Have any of you read this book, and if so, do you love it as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet, but I think I would enjoy the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an amazing photographer. I use to follow her blog, but she doesn't update it anymore. It looks gorgeous. Love the teacup too. Would I buy it, probably not. If you had it on your coffee table and I was sitting in your living room, Yes! I would pick it up and drool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!