Monday, September 24, 2018

Now that autumn is here …

So Saturday was officially the first day of fall, but here in Georgia, it sure didn't feel like it. Do you know, the weather forecaster the other morning said that this year, we had more ninety-degree days in September than we did in August. I believe it! Still, knowing that it's officially fall gave me the go-ahead to start thinking about fall teas and tea wares. The other day, I happened to notice I had randomly stacked these three cranberry-colored teacup-and-saucer sets near each other in the tea cabinet. The one on the top was a recent find from Rome, Georgia, the one on the bottom was a souvenir from Rome, Italy, and the one in the middle came from eBay.


I've had this Pumpkin Ginger Tea from Republic of Tea on my mind for weeks now, but I didn't actually drink any until the weekend. By the way, do you all enjoy exploring all the new pumpkin-flavored treats each fall? I was in line at JoAnn on Saturday and noticed both Ghirardelli chocolate squares in a new pumpkin flavor as well as pumpkin spice piroulines, those cylindrical cream-filled wafer cookies that are so pretty on a dessert plate or embellishing a scoop of ice cream. But I'm waiting on a review from a friend (maybe one of you?) before I try those!


Even my reading tastes change in the fall, and I'm waiting till I detect that first nip in the air to crack open the most recent Jan Karon novel, the opening scene of which occurs on October 1. Do you pull out the fall tea wares at this time of year? Or have any tea or other rituals that you look forward to in the fall? I'd love to hear about them!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful teacups! The one from Italy is very unique. Happy fall! I hated to say good-bye to summer, but fall is beautiful. I noticed on the way to church yesterday that some of the trees are beginning to turn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pretty teacups! I'm waiting on fall weather to arrive, we had a relatively mild summer but it's hanging on too long, in my opinion. I do have some "fallish" teacups that I got at our church rummage sale, now I just have to remember where I put them. When I find them I'll send you a picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do pull out my fall tea wares! I'll put away my Country Roses and pull out the Spode Indian Tree, which I absolutely adore! I just got a threesome tin from Republic of Tea -- it was the pumpkin spice, a spiced apple cider, and one other. Looking forward to giving it a try, too! To Be Where You Are was so wonderful! I hated putting it down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When fall arrives, I do start using my "Mason Quail" brown and white china, which looks very autumnal. And I'm more likely to drink spiced hot tea. But I think the whole pumpkin-spice thing is overdone. I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, but I do NOT want pumpkin-spice ravioli, pumpkin-spice breakfast cereal, or pumpkin-spice youghurt.--from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cups and saucers. I’m looking forward to fall tea once the weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too enjoy festive teacups and dishes! Adding lots of pumpkin spice is so delicious! Donna z

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first tea cup on your stack.and I'll make it out to get some of that tea also

    I am not a fall person however this all is appealing to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny that this is the post I am reading. Just this morning I switched out my teacups from the red/pink's to the brown ones. I use transferware cups all through the Fall, but got a new purple one in the mail today so might be trying that one out soon too. I just bought a can of pumpkin to make a bundt cake. Yes, Fall/Autumn is in the air now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!