Friday, July 20, 2018

"Tickled Pink" with my new teacup – seriously!


This week, for only the third time in my life, I had a guy friend give me a teacup. He gave me two, actually, but first I wanted to write about this one, Vernon's "Tickled Pink" pattern. Now if you had to guess, when would you say this set was made? Based on the contemporary graphics, you're probably not guessing the 1800s or the 1930s, are you?


If you guessed anywhere from 1958-1965, you'd be right (at least according to Replacements.com). I don't have any retro-style teacups, and I must say that I'm quite charmed by this set! It's also a great example of the dishes that were popular during the era of midcentury modern design, which also happens to be the era in which I was born, which I suppose makes me midcentury modern as well. I even love the name of this teacup's pattern, "Tickled Pink," and its retro styling makes me want to crank up some tunes by Petula Clark and Diana Ross and the Supremes! Now, my only problem is that I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I DO NOT NEED the darling teapot that matches this teacup. (But if you want to see it, click here.)

10 comments:

  1. What a neat teacup -so mid century modern! And I love the teapot! Let's hope one will show up on eBay for you, at a more do-able price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would want that teapot too. I knew exactly that was Vernon and the 1950's when I saw it. Love it so much! What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, What a darling tea cup. I love the color and the name. The teapot is wonderful also. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of my aunts had that same pattern, only in aqua! I can remember being at her house as child and seeing her set the table with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For $150, why not?! ;-) Very thoughtful of your friend to think of you with the 'Tickled Pink' teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I think you *do* need the matching teapot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love vintage and pink my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love the matching teapot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute. Is this china? My grandma had some melmac cups in this shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's actually earthenware, but at first glance, I had assumed it was melmac.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!