Monday, July 23, 2018

Feeling craft-tea

So I'm slowly getting back into paper crafts, and I have my friend Kathy to blame, or thank, as the case may be! After moving to Savannah for her husband's job years ago, Kathy and her husband have officially retired and moved back to Newnan even sooner than I'd hoped, but it was a mixed blessing. While I was thrilled to have my dear friend nearby once more, I was heartbroken about the reason for their early return: their baby granddaughter, Wren, lives here and had been diagnosed with cancer, so they moved back to help with her care. Fast-forward to this year, and Wren's tumor is stable, she's living the life of a normal three-year-old, and the trial meds she is on are doing their job. I can't tell you how thrilled we all are at this awesome news!

Kathy has long been "just my cup of tea," but to have my dear friend back in town and have her sweet granddaughter doing well is such a delight! Kathy is also a Stampin' Up consultant, so now that her life is semi-normal once again, I am going over to her house every few weeks or so for a playdate in her amazing studio. I really need to take some photos so you can ooh and aah over it just as I always do. Her studio appears to contain every paper crafting gadget ever made, I do believe, and Kathy is incredibly generous in sharing. She also taught me to use her die-cutting machine, which is why I had to have my own Cuttlebug a few months ago. I've learned that I love-love-love cutting out die-cut images and words. (The wording above came from these dies.)

This "hello" die was a clearance find at Michaels, and I'm playing around with layering these words.

The last time I was at Kathy's, I spent most of my time using her supplies to stamp and cut out images of these teacups, part of the new Time for Tea set from Stampin' Up (shown here, if you're interested in seeing the dies too).

In fact, I like die cutting the teacups so much, I keep all the extras in a little cardboard box that housed the last piece of costume jewelry I bought at T.J. Maxx. So expect lots more crafting reports in the days to come, thanks to the fact that my friend is back in town! (And please keep sweet Wren on your prayer list, that her healing may continue!)

8 comments:

  1. Great cards! Die cutting is such fun, and I like your idea for keeping the extras stylishly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I could really get into that paper crafting (if I let myself)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very pretty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to little Wren and her family.
    I'm glad you're having such fun with your paper-craft! My sister Laurel in Tennessee loves her Cuttlebug, too, and a couple of years ago she went to an Anna Griffin card-making weekend in Atlanta, and had a wonderful time. You may want to check out that annual event, if you want to treat yourself to a luxurious, fun weekend of crafting.--from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like great fun, so thanks for the tip! I LOVE Anna Griffin's designs!

      Delete
  5. Lovely cards. Glad to hear good news about Wren. I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun, Angela! Your cards are beautiful - far nicer than any store-bought ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!