Friday, April 13, 2018

A surprise in the May/June 2018 Tea Time magazine

 So, I told myself that fifteen years' worth was quite enough Tea Time magazines and that I was going to a) stop collecting them and b) list my old ones on eBay, keeping only the books from Tea Time magazine instead to provide with me some much-needed shelf space for books. Let me just say, "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha." That bright idea lasted about five minutes before a friend on Facebook mentioned a new Tea Time article I hadn't seen because I had decided not to get any more issues. Regretting my delay, I went in search of the March/April issue, which I found, and days later I happened upon the May/June issue as well.


And I'm so glad I did. For one thing, I don't believe I've ever before seen a tea sandwich styled quite like this simple, pretty-as-a-package design, and that alone was worth the price of the magazine. I love pretty things, and this is so pretty!


But then I turned a few pages over and was delighted to find that Susanna Reppert Brill, sister of my tea-loving friend and fellow tea blogger Nancy Reppert, has an article in the new issue titled "A Feast of Flowers." Now I've not (yet!) had the pleasure of meeting Susanna, but I feel as if I know her because of Nancy. I greatly enjoyed this article, which had some terrific new ideas for using flowers at teatime, and I plan on trying some of them very soon. (And I'm so very glad I decided to keep adding to my Tea Time stash. Maybe I'll get rid of some craft magazines instead!)


6 comments:

  1. Angela:
    I tore her article out and filed it in my edible flowers folder and didn't even notice her name! Shame on me! I tear all of mine up and file them and sometimes I must photocopy a page to complete an article that needs a front or back. I would love to visit Nancy's tea room and Susanna's plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I decided a couple of years ago that I really didn't "need" these pretty magazines, but they made me a great offer this year and I re-subscribed. And I've been enjoying them greatly. Haven't finished reading the current issue (though I've skimmed through it) so I'll check out this article in detail this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have ALL the issues from day one! My husband gives me a subscription every year for Christmas. Who am I to say no? You east coasters always get your magazine first. Maybe mine will be in my mailbox today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy Tea Time magazine and find it very soothing to read. In this latest issue, I particularly enjoyed that "Birdsong Tea" article that had those neat tea sandwiches that you liked so much. The china pattern used in the article really drew my attention, since when I was a nanny (in graduate school many years ago), the family I lived with had a set of that Herend "Rothschild Bird" china. When we used that china, I always had fun looking at all the different birds and insects in the pattern.
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I’m not the only one with years of magazines. I’ve got several years of old sewing magazines saved for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing and finally decided to get rid of a home decorator magazine instead. I love Susanna's article alot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!