Friday, January 19, 2018

A second snow in Georgia!

On Tuesday, it was predicted that we might get "a light dusting" of snow, so I was quite happy when the snow started falling that night. We woke up to about four inches of snow, which pretty much brings everything to a halt here in Newnan. It was lovely!

The cold, however, I could live without. Georgia natives are not accustomed to freezing temps with a wind chill factor that makes it seem like zero degrees. My northern friends think we are wimps, and they are right, but we do not like to be that cold! So naturally, I've sipped more than my fair share of hot tea this week, including a green tea blend from DavidsTea called …

Let it snow! I didn't realize that when I reached for this particular tea sachet, but my goodness, how appropriate.

It's a delightfully sweet blend of candied pineapple, green tea, black currants, apple, cinnamon, white chocolate, and more. Yum!

And so I'll happily say, for the second time this winter, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

10 comments:

  1. We only got about an inch this time but with temps in the single digits, it froze hard on the roads. I'm ready for some "above freezing" days for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Much as I love the snow, I *hate* being cold ... and it's funny how snow, ice, and cold temperatures always seem to go together! :)

      Delete
  2. Our yards are covered with the "white stuff" here in Michigan too, but we're experiencing a heat wave today because it's 28 degrees and sunny right now. Enjoy your tea and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I marvel at how easily you all get around in the snow, Phyllis! Southerners just aren't cut out for that, alas … ;)

      Delete
  3. Maybe the snow is caused by the tea your drinking! I wonder what would happen if you start drinking sun tea? Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tweet about driving in the snow made me think of you. Gotta love the sweet tea reference!

    https://twitter.com/ian_leonard/status/954225409180225536

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let It Snow!!! The David's tea Let it Snow sounds similar to Peach Tranquility at Starbucks -- it IS delicious.....sit back admire the white stuff and enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had the perfect tea! We were out of school again today. They will go Monday. It should be melted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow does look lovely, and since there's not anything you can do about it, I guess you can just enjoy its beauty while it lasts. But I hope it does warm up for you soon, since I know you folks in Georgia aren't prepared for that kind of cold. Just think about how the days are now getting longer, and Spring will be here sooner than we think!
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe I have had that tea/tisane. Your snow is so pretty, but I will let you enjoy it and enjoy just having some rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!