Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Two little girls at tea …

Oh, some of these old Library of Congress photos make me laugh! This one is adorable not only because of the little girls at tea but because of their expressions. What do you think they're saying and thinking? I think the little girl on the left is saying something like, "Hey, do you know why the chicken crossed the road?" And the little girl on the right is thinking, "If I have to listen to one more of your lame jokes, I may go cross that road myself."

The little girl on the right looks kind of bored and cranky, which of course makes me like her best. What about you? What do you think is going on in this photo?

9 comments:

  1. I love their dresses! And the hat on the girl on the right is ...I'm not sure what word to pick! I guess "amazing" will do. You're right about their expressions - they are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photos. This is so charming! Quite a conversation going on, I think....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl on the left is saying, "That's one of the most ridiculous hats I've ever seen!" The girl on the right is thinking, "Yeah, yeah, that's what everybody tells me..."
    --from Vernona in DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage photos - and a tea one is very special. The little girl on the left is a happy girl with a gift of gab - girl on the right is finding her conversation boring........maybe she's the older sister that has to play nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girl on the left may be commenting on the hat. I wonder how people will caption our photos in the future? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable photo. I noticed something else, the girl on the left's pointing finger looks too long? I zoomed in and still couldn't tell if it was her finger or she was holding something but the proportion to her hand seemed too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling picture! Whatever the girl in the left is saying, the one on the right is not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I got the doll and you didn't. I am better than you. The other girl is thinking she would rather be somewhere else, but then maybe there will be a cookie with that tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!