Friday, August 11, 2017

Some new teatime fabrics


Lately I've been spending many of my free hours of the weekend stitching. Last weekend I finally finished the last block of a quilt I've been working on for years, and I've been inspired to start shopping for fabrics again so that I'll have plenty to see me through the fall and winter. When I came across this new teapot-and-teacup fabric, I wanted to be sure to share it here. I ordered it from the Fat Quarter Shop, and it's called "Royal Teapots" by Timeless Treasures.  I love how they even package their fabrics in plastic, so it's protected from dust until I get a chance to use it one day!

I've started collecting dark blue fabrics for a tea-themed quilt I've long had on my to-do list, and I knew that by the time this quilt moves to the front of the line on my project list, this fabric won't be around any more, so I decided to get it now.

And that prompted me to see what other tea-themed fabrics are out there these days. So for my fellow stitchers and crafters, here are a few of the ones I've found, some of which were shared with me by blog readers!

Chicks on the Run by Cheryl Hanes for Benartex Fabrics

High Tea by Jera Brandvig for Lecien Fabrics (I like the "Lemon Scone" colorway)

Afternoon Tea — Rosette Tea Set — by Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics

Sausalito Cottage - Teacup Bliss by Holly Halderman for Lakehouse (I have a similar design in another colorway, but the lavender is lovely and reminds me a lavender-loving former blogger I know!)

Tea Party Recipe Fabric

And if you know of any other fun new teapot and teacup fabrics, please feel free to share a link in the comments, because I know I'm not the only one who would like to know!


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went ahead and got the cute fabric with the navy background! The ones in the links are cute, too, but I like the one you got the best. I tend to get any teacup/teapot themed fabric I see, because it will certainly not be there if I go back for it. Now I need to make something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did find some special fabrics. If I still quilted, I could be tempted. Now I will waiting to see you quilt that is making it's way into your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that fabric is so cute. This is a link to teapot fabric I made an apron from
    http://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Quilting-Fabrics/Cotton-Calico-Fabric/Novelty-Tea-Pots-Cotton-Calico-Fabric/p/61678

    Hopefully the link will work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a while since I've looked up any tea theme fabric. There sure are some great ones out there. I especially like that Afternoon Tea Recipe fabric. Wouldn't it be great for aprons, placemats, tea cozies, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! I didn't realize there were so many tea fabrics out there that I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!