Friday, March 3, 2017

My March cooking column in The Coweta Shopper


Do you know the difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie? That was part of the inspiration for my March column in The Coweta Shopper! Local readers receive a copy for free in the mail, but if you're not local, you can read it online simply by clicking here if the version above isn't large enough.

And although I made my Cottage Pie in a casserole dish, I think this would be a great entree to serve at high tea in honor of St. Patrick's Day, perhaps serving it in ramekins or small oval ceramic baking dishes. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Is there a reason you decided to transfer everything to a casserole dish before baking? It seems like you could save a step (and a dish) by baking it in the cast iron skillet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'll try your recipe soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know the difference Angela and my cottage pie recipe is identical to the one you shared. Sometimes I mix mashed sweet potatoes with the white ones for a colourful topping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!