Friday, February 17, 2017

Victoria Classics—Linens, Lace & Monograms

The loveliest new magazine I've seen in ages has landed on the newsstand, a Victoria Classics issue titled "Linens, Lace & Monograms."

As soon as I spotted it, I knew I had to have this one. I especially found useful page 17, which tells us the purpose of various sizes of napkins. Tea napkins, according to the article, are 12 inches square.

I was not at all surprised to spot a few teawares in these pages, but even if I hadn't seen a single teacup, I found it so utterly soothing to simply gaze upon pretty, filmy, lacy, feminine things for a while. I also enjoyed the stories about three enterprising women who followed their passion and made a business out of their love for vintage textiles. I suspect many of you would enjoy this issue as well, so if you spot it while you're out and about, you might want to take a peek inside!

10 comments:

  1. You certainly have an "eye" for the best magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I think I'd like this one - I'll have to look for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to pick it up. Tea napkins 12 square seem so big. I need to brush up on napkin etiquette before my next tea party! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy this lovely magazine. I doubt my CVS will carry it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an older hardcover book from Victoria on the same beautiful things but wouldn't mind perusing an updated version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You find the most interesting magazines. I'll have to look for this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to find your review, after I'd just seen this in ours newstand this afternoon. It's definitely on my "buy it soon" list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im going to have to look for this magazine online. I hope there's a stockist in the UK. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!