Friday, December 9, 2016

"A Very Vintage Christmas" by Bob Richter

There don't seem to be a lot of new Christmas decorating books on the market this year, but one I recently ordered from Amazon and have been enjoying this week is "A Very Vintage Christmas" by Bob Richter with photography by Ethan David Kent.

To my surprise, one of the pages even featured a vintage teapot ornament!

I love to read about vintage items because I always learn something I did not know. This time, I learned about "End of Day" ornaments. Now you readers are some smart cookies, so I'm betting that some of you already knew about these, but I did not. And if you're like me and you haven't heard of these yourself, here's what Richter says: "As the name connotes, they were literally the last pieces artisans would make, and they veered off in a whimsical direction when they did. Using what paints were in front of them, these ornaments are typified by swirled, marbleized detail." You can bet I'm going to be looking for "End of Day" ornaments as I continue to collect vintage Christmas decorations. And wouldn't an "End of Day" teapot ornament be a fabulous find! If you have one, please share a photo!

7 comments:

  1. I did not know about "end of day" ornaments. You find the most interesting things to share. I am thinking back to some of the unusual ornaments my aunt had on her tree each year and suspect she might have had some of these! Sure wish I had them now....even better....wish my precious aunt was still here decorating a tree......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about "end of day" ornaments, either. I think I'd enjoy this book, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hear of "end of day" ornaments. Learned something new and now I will be looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of end of day ornaments. It's an interesting idea. I hope you find one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another reason to love vintage! Thanks Angela...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another reason to love vintage! Thanks Angela...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!