Thursday, October 13, 2016

Teavivre's Organic Nonpareil Ming Qian Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea

I was in the mood to sample a new green tea, so I turned to some samples I recently received from Teavivre and tried their Organic Nonpareil Ming Qian Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea.

The dry tea leaves seemed to have only a slight vegetal scent, but that might have had something to do with my sniffer being out of whack thanks to fall allergies. Still, I always enjoy admiring the unique flat shape of Dragon Well tea leaves.

I was surprised to inhale the aroma of the steeped tea and find I could indeed smell the distinct aroma of something akin to steamed asparagus, a scent that past experience told me meant this would be a tea I'd enjoy. Indeed, yes! The smooth-tasting tea had only a mere hint of astringency, no grassy aftertaste, and I drank (and enjoyed) several cups of it. I do find myself trying to drink more green tea these days simply because it has so many great health benefits, including weight loss and lower risk of cancer. I don't think I've mentioned it here, but I'm happy to report that by eating less and walking more, I've lost 16 pounds over the spring and summer and hope to shed a few more by Christmas. So if green tea will help me with that, I say, bring on the green tea!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 16 pound loss. Whether or not the green tea helps (and it probably does!), if you enjoy it, drink it! I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice tea. Way to go on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have sampled this one in the past and it was pretty good, but then I am not a huge green tea fan. Congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!