Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Recreating a "London Fog"

 Have you ever had a London Fog tea latte? I've had this drink at both Starbucks (so-so) and a local tea and spice shop (excellent), and recently I saw several recipes for the drink being shared on the Afternoon Tea Across America Facebook page. I decided it was time to experiment, so I did!


For my London Fog, I placed one Earl Grey tea bag in a mug and added boiling water, then added three shakes from my bottle of McCormick lavender, and let it all steep for about four minutes. While it was steeping, I microwaved some milk. After straining off the lavender from the tea, I added about three tablespoons of the hot milk to my drink, along with a few drops of vanilla extract and one teaspoon of sugar. I must say I enjoyed my homemade version of this rich, sweet drink! Have any of you made a London Fog? If so, any tips you'd care to share?

5 comments:

  1. I have done something similar. However, I skip a step and use Bigelow's French Vanilla Black tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! I had no idea they were available at Starbucks. I am not a coffee drinker but meet friends there. Now I have something to order other than plain tea. I will have to try it at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried this yet, although I've seen it mentioned several times lately. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a London Fog but it sounds good. I'll try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a London Fog! I've made them several times at home although I usually skip the step of heating the milk as I don't like waiting for my tea to cool off before I can drink it. :) Thanks for the reminder about the vanilla--I'd forgotten to add it the last few times.
    -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!