Monday, October 3, 2016

And so the fall baking season begins …

Now that it *finally* feels like fall here in Georgia, I launched the fall baking season with this recipe for Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Chip Cookies that I found on Pinterest. I didn't flatten mine as the original recipe said to do (didn't want to be bothered), so I ended up with thicker, almost cake-like cookies, which is just fine by me!


As my husband said, you can detect just enough of the pumpkin spice flavor to know that something is different, but it's not so different that it's overpowering. And in a unique twist, they're made with Pumpkin Spice pudding mix, which I happened to have in my pantry.


Oh, and I also used dark chocolate chips, because hey, if we're going for chocolate taste, go big or go home, right? These were wonderful with a cup of that new Pumpkin Spice Brûlée Oolong Tea I got from Teavana recently, and I was quite happy with my pumpkin-y teatime treat! Go here if you'd like to try these for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound quite delicious! And I love your pink DG cup and saucer. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look so yummy....with a nice hot cuppa tea, served in your pretty pink teacup please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOhhh, those cookies look divine!!! Makes me think of persimmon cookies. I've got to find some here in Idaho. ( Yeah, I'm a transplant from Cali and still don't know my way around here yet ) Any way thanks!!
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!