Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Birthday to … me!



I know you're all too polite to ask, so I'll just go ahead and tell you: I'm 52 today! This birthday is going to be a bit different because it also happens to be the day of our Chamber's 31st Annual Golf Classic, and since I do some PR for them (and, to be honest, since it's a lot of fun!), I'll be on the golf course most of the day today. Happily, my birthday celebrations started early this week thanks to surprise gifts from several tea-loving friends, including my pen pal, Sandy. Isn't this stitched and hand-embroidered piece lovely? I was so thrilled when I opened my package from her and saw it!


And since I love-love-love handmade things, I was also pleased to find a hand-crocheted dishcloth and sewn and knitted tea bag cozies, as well as decorative flowers I can use for projects of my own!

The package seemed endless, as I also unwrapped a beautiful new bib-style apron with a garden theme, as well as some garden goodies for decorating. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do with these, and it has to do with tea, so stay tuned!

And finally, Sandy remembered my dream of having a cottage at the beach and sent these lovely supplies to help me prepare. Don't you just love receiving such thoughtful gifts from tea-loving friends? I am so blessed to have Sandy as one of mine!

19 comments:

  1. What delightful gifts! Thoughtful friends are such a blessing! Happy birthday and remember the sunscreen today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Those are lovely gifts, and I hope your day will be fun and filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Angela! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Have fun on the golf course today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Angela! What a lovely gifts from your friend, Sandy. She definitely knew what would bring a smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Angela! Enjoy you 'tee time' today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Angela!!! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful day!! Your gifts from Sandy would make anyone smile! What a thoughtful friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending Happy Birthday wishes to you, Angela - hope it's Wonderful and hope the Celebrations continue all week. All the best, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Angela, enjoy your day and lovely gifts from Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Celebrate all month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy birthday, Angela! You are forever young, at least from my perspective, ha! Wishing you many more, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. What thoughtful friends! Happy Birthday to you, dear tea friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday. You received some wonderful presents. Hope you had a wonderful day today. Sounds wonderful to be at a golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Let Angelafest continue. What lovely gifts from a very thoughtful friend. ��

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angela, Happy Birthday! You are very special to all of us. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Angela! I just saw your post this morning. I hope your birthday was one of your best! I love your blog! Since I live here in Newnan, I hope to meet you in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind wishes, Jana, and yes, I hope we get to meet one day! :)

      Delete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday, Angela! Looks like it was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Birthday, Angela! I hope your birthday celebrations continue throughout the month. I'm a strong proponent of "birthday months". HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!