Friday, February 5, 2016

Tea Tasting Notes


I just rediscovered a Christmas gift I'd set aside, this sweet little notebook for Tea Tasting Notes, a gift from my friend Deberah!

The layout gives room to note the name of the tea, brand, type, etc., but what really charmed me is the little space at lower right to attach a tea label. I've been noticing tags on my tea bags lately, so this is a great place to save them or other labeling.

I also liked that the book had an example of how to complete a page. I didn't pay too much attention to this one until I noted that this person added four (!) spoons of sugar to their one tea bag. Have mercy! Do you suppose an actual tea drinker filled out this sample page? I have my doubts! Do any of you keep a tea tasting notebook?

8 comments:

  1. The notebook is a great idea, but that sample page is crazy! Whoever did that was just tasting the sugar with a little tea in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar tea tasting book. I used it for a while, then forgot about it. Thanks for your "reminder." A teenager must have written the sample page. (Just my opinion!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of tea tasting books, but haven't used them. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started a couple tea tasting books and then not continued them. Good luck keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea! I'll be on the lookout for one of these. Maybe it was just a little spoon. I have one that holds about 1/2 teas. of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a tea journal where I keep a list of the teas I like and want to reorder. There is a section where I note the tea rooms I've visited and rate them on a scale of 1-10.
    Your notebook should be fun for entries and will be much more detailed than what I'd write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little notebook is so pretty, but my tea tasting notes usually end up as a blog post! As an aside, when I see someone using that much sugar, I have decided they do not like tea as they are no longer tasting the tea but rather the sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a little journal in my purse but not as fancy as this! Love it!
    Donna A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!