Thursday, October 15, 2015

A new collection! (sort of)

When I got back from my trip to Wisconsin and Chicago last month, I was unpacking my suitcase and pulled out these two bags I'd carefully tucked away, one from Argo Tea there at the Chicago airport, the other from David's Tea on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Did I really need to keep them, though? These days, I seem to get more satisfaction from passing things along or throwing them away than in acquiring them. 

But then I remembered I had a few more bags with tea company logos on them, and I realized that A) I have a collection, and B) these could be used as "props" when I am asked to speak about tea! I usually get asked to give a tea presentation two or three times a year, and when I do, I always take along a picnic basket packed with fragile teawares and other things for show and tell. If I take a few of these bags along and open them into standing position, that could make a cute display. And since these don't take up much room (and aren't breakable), I'm not worried about having too many of these teatime shopping bags on hand!






3 comments:

  1. Great idea, Angela! I tend to be a bag saver too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a long time I saved shopping bags, especially tea related or from France. There is something so special about them. They would make perfect props.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!