Friday, August 7, 2015

Yeo's Chrysanthemum Tea Drink

I guess this was my week for trying new ready-to-drink teas, because I was at the grocery store and looking for the coconut milk when I spotted next to it this can of Yeo's Chrysanthemum Tea for 89 cents. Chrysanthemum tea? Naturally, I had to try it.

When I got home, I was at first confused because I couldn't read the words on the can and didn't see the word "tea" anywhere. Had I bought the wrong beverage? No. I just had the can turned around!


Like other herbal "teas," this one contains no camellia sinensis. When I tasted it, this tea reminded me of a sweetened and iced version of chamomile tea. When I looked online, I found that chrysanthemum and chamomile are in the same plant family, asteraceae. This "tea" was an interesting (and cheap) experiment, but I didn't just love it and don't think I'll be trying it again when I can cold-brew some even tastier teas to get me through the summer! If you're intrigued by the idea of this tea, however, you may want to check out the Yeo's website, which lists some of the features of this drink. And I'd love to hear if any of you have tried (or are fans of) chrysanthemum tea!

5 comments:

  1. This is a new one to me! Glad to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I will skip this one, but I'm glad you are willing to try it. Sugared flower water doesn't do anything for me. You're not surprised are you? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm......thanks for review. I will skip this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle at Linda's description of 'sugared flower water'... I'm with her... doesn't do anything for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least now you know how Chrysanthemum taste. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!