Thursday, May 21, 2015

Daphne's Diary No. 2 of 2015

So there I was at Barnes and Noble the other day, riffling through the stack of Daphne's Diary magazines and looking for the best copy of the new issue. Suddenly, a woman walked up holding a copy of this very issue in her hands. I said something like oh, excuse me, thinking she wanted to put it back in the stack, but she was sort of embarrassed to admit she'd noticed her copy had a slight blemish along the spine and she was looking for the most perfect one. I laughed and told her I was doing the exact same thing, and she seemed so relieved. I have a feeling I would have liked that woman since we're both a little OCD about our magazines!

There is always much to love within these pages, and this time, I was delighted to come across a feature on Jo-Anne Coletti of Massachusetts, whose romantic artwork I've seen in many publications here in the U.S. I wish I could paint the soft, romantic roses that she does. And here's one painted alongside a gorgeous teacup. *Sigh*

I loved the magazine's feature on Tuscany, since I got to go there for the first time a year ago, and I even enjoyed the letters in this issue. Readers often send along photos of things the magazine inspired them to make or create, and this time, I liked seeing the tall glass cloche with teacups underneath. Charming!

Detachable recipe cards are included in each issue, too, and I must say I was intrigued by the idea of strawberry eclairs with basil cream. I've had a strawberry and basil tea but not a strawberry and basil treat! Would you try these? I think I just might!

8 comments:

  1. So many pretty things and good ideas! I would try a bite of the strawberry/basil eclair if somebody else made it. Not sure I would like it but I'd give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny to know I am not the only one to go through magazines to find the "best" copy. I too love Daphne's Diary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we've got a club going here! I always make sure I have a perfect copy of the magazine or book I'm buying too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the magazine, but not the price, so it has to be perfect! For the first time ever, I am one step ahead of you. I picked up a copy at WHSmith in London yesterday and it is issue 3/2015 for £5. Wish they had other issues available to buy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant move, Frances! I hope you're having a wonderful time!

      Delete
  5. Haha, I've found the place for others that like perfect magazines. I was horrified at Bible study last night to see a page had somehow been creased at the corner, can these tissue pages be ironed? LOL Seriously, this is going to bother me for a long time...glad you found a better issue of the magazine Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK- so it is not only "a Virgo thing" being particular with our "things". Love this discussion today. Every time I go to B&N they never ha\ve a Daphne's Diary - I will give it a try again this weekend. Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a magazine addict and you tempt me again with this lovely one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!