Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Catching up on "Christmas" with a tea friend!

Holidays are very fluid things around here. I celebrate Valentine's "Day" pretty much all of February, and last week I was celebrating Christmas with my fellow tea lover Maureen of the Tea and Talk blog. We had talked about getting together at Christmas, but with my crazy schedule at the end of the year I just wasn't able to make it happen. And we're also hindered by the fact all the tea rooms near us have closed, so we simply agreed to meet at Olive Garden! We had a great lunch, and I was so tickled when Maureen handed me a pretty toile bag of Christmas goodies containing a book, bookmarks, a teapot drip catcher, and some Scottish Breakfast tea, all in a lovely Christmas box!

"The Simple Joys of Life" is a great little devotional type book full of Bible verses and inspirational quotes. I like this one by Lucy Maud Montgomery: "Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive—it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything." Isn't that true! It also wouldn't be so interesting if I had tried all the tea in the world, and since I have not, I was more than happy to try this Scottish Breakfast tea from Earth Teaze. It was a nice brisk breakfast blend, and I've been drinking it like crazy ever since Maureen gave it to me!

And of course I was thrilled to find the best gift of all, this gorgeous card that is cross-stitched for some of Maureen's lucky friends each Christmas by her husband, Don. Maureen and I had a great time catching up (yes, even at a non-tea place like Olive Garden), and we capped off our day with a fun visit to the HomeGoods and Marshalls stores across the street!

10 comments:

  1. It is fun to catch up with friends any time. When tea gifts are included, it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great to extend the season! How great that you could get together for lunch, and what nice gifts. Perfect for you. (And that card is amazing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure know how to stretch a holiday out - lovely gifts from your friend! I like to celebrate VD all month too and brought my decorations down to Florida with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas with a good friend and catching up even if it is in February are the best. I did the same with a friend just yesterday and always touches the heart. Love the special gifts she chose for you too. She does know what you, a tea lover and word lover, would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ! I kept my tree up longer than ever this year, it was wonderful and excited about Valentines Day or month !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to celebrate an extended Christmas with Maureen. Love the counted cross stitched teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that cross-stitched teacup is adorable. I have made many cross stitch projects over the years but none recently and your teacup card gave me an itch to do it again soon! So pretty! Always nice to see a dear friend. I am happy you enjoyed time together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great quote. So glad you and Maureen were able to get together for Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome - it's never too late to celebrate Christmas with a friend - and holy moly her gifts are wonderful. Her cross stitch teacup is precious, Angela! ♥ it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a lovely visit, wasn't it? I'm so glad you liked your gifts, Angela. I really enjoyed those delicious muffins you made and was happy to see the recipe posted. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!